Confusion + Attention = Growth
How do we take a moment of confusion, a moment that’s jolting to our emotions and disruptive to our plans, and lean into it rather than run away from it? What if “confusion + attention = growth”? What if some of life’s most impactful breakthroughs and science’s most lasting discoveries are often a byproduct of acknowledging our confusion but staying committed to paying attention? Not a kind of paying attention that’s hyper focused on control and eliminating the problem but the type that trusts God despite an overwhelming amount of confusion. How do we better recognize confusion for the valuable treasure it is, rather than punch it in the nose and do all in our power to resist it?
On Christmas Eve we will start a conversation about the beauty and wisdom found in Mary’s willingness to stay attentive in the midst of confusion. This January we want to ask a follow up question, “How do we take a moment of confusion, a moment that’s jolting to our emotions and disruptive to our plans, and lean into it rather than run away from it?”. If it’s true that confusion plus attention equals growth, how do we do a better job of leveraging those moments rather than fearing them and thus resisting them?
What would it look like to live from a more surrendered self? Not a self that is defeated, depressed or disinterested but a self genuinely striving to approach life from a more trusting, open-handed, and relaxed place?
- December 24, 2020: Confusion + Attention = Growth – Mind Map
- January 3, 2021: A More Hospitable Approach – Mind Map
- January 10, 2021: Centering Prayer 101 – Mind Map
- January 17, 2021: Making Peace with the Future – Mind Map
- January 24, 2021: Non Duality, Non Judgmentalism, Nondualism
- January 31, 2021: Making Peace with the Future
- October 4th: What if Jesus Is More Than Your Personal Spiritual Director & The Gospel is About Way More Than Private Spirituality? – Mind Map
- October 11th: Blame God, People in Power Was His Idea – Mind Map
- October 18th: A Civil Discourse Real Play
- October 25th: Transcending Control Via Condemnation – Mind Map
- October 30th: You Want Me to Pray for Who? – Mind Map
- November 1st: Narrate Prayer Gathering – Guide
- November 8th: Jesus 101 – Mind Map
- November 15th: The Art of Letting Go – Mind Map Q&A
- November 22nd: Doing the Work of Thanksgiving, Despite COVID – Mind Map
- November 29th: Jesus and Mr. Potato Head – Mind Map
- December 6th: An Invitation to Rethink Your Job – Mind Map
- December 13th: Rethinking Fear – Mind Map
January 10th – Centering Prayer 101